Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rough week

This week started off to a great start and slowly went down hill as the week progressed. I'm not going to lie, this week was pretty rough for me emotionally to handle. 

One thing I've come to realize about myself as I've gotten older is that what people say to me really affect me. I, more then most, am affected by what others are telling me.

This week someone that I had never met sent me a bunch of text messages filled with hateful, mean, rude words that really left me feeling pretty crappy. I know I shouldn't let what others think about me determine how I feel about myself, but it's hard for me not to.

Unfortunately, I let that be an excuse to just stop trying and on Monday I stopped watching what I was eating.

I paid the price when I stepped on the scale today and saw that I had gained 2.4 lbs. I knew I would gain a little bit, but I'm not going to let this stop me. Everybody has good weeks and bad weeks and this just happened to be a bad week for me.

But today is a new start and I promise I am not giving up. Next week I will do better!

Check back in a couple of days for an extremely personal post about "Why I'm Fat."

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up girly. You are doing great! There's always going to be set backs, it's life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is when you get the smack down on them terrible people!!!! you are automatically better than that person, because anyone who is mean to others is a few steps down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone told me recently that when others talk badly about us to us or behind our backs, they are just showing their ignorance and making themselves look worse. We all have slip ups. Way to go for picking yourself up and starting over. You can do this! I'm doing it with you.

    ReplyDelete